Amazon Prime is probably the best subscription service available today. As a member, you get access to many benefits that make your life much easier. However, you don’t have to decide on it without first learning about its features. Many people value the opportunity to see if they really want to use a particular service, which is why free trials exist. After all, sometimes it can turn out that something is completely not for you. That’s why today we’ll show you how to cancel Amazon’s free trial period.
What Is an Amazon Prime Membership?
Amazon Prime is by far the most extensive subscription service available on the Internet. Companies like Netflix, HBO, and Spotify can’t compare to what the world’s largest corporation has to offer. If you want to learn in detail what the membership is, take a look at our blog, where we dedicated an entire article to it. Here we will briefly discuss what the subscription provides and the associated fees.
All Prime Benefits
Jeff Bezos originally founded Amazon as a delivery business but ended up completely revolutionizing the market by combining multiple products into one service and taking care of virtually every aspect of his customers’ lives. In addition, he managed to streamline the entire system by introducing Prime membership, which made using the company’s services even easier.
Here is what Amazon Prime has to offer today:
- Unlimited access to Prime Video, Prime Music, and Prime Gaming
- Online books and magazines through Prime Reading
- Free Two-Day Shipping on eligible items
- Free Same-Day Delivery in eligible zip codes
- Exclusive deals and discounts on Amazon
- Savings at Whole Foods Market and access to Amazon Fresh
Apart from that, there are several other features that Prime members can enjoy. However, these are the most important ones.
Amazon Prime Fees
Now that you’ve familiarized yourself with what the program has to offer, here’s an overview of what it costs to join Amazon Prime:
- $14.99 per month
- $139 per year
Or If you’re a student:
- $7.49 per month
- $69 per year
As you can see, considering what Prime subscription guarantees, these aren’t some mind-boggling prices. What is clear, however, is that people often prefer to first take advantage of a free trial period before committing to any paid membership.
Amazon Prime Free Trial
Amazon is giving potential members the opportunity to take advantage of a free trial period. It lasts 30 days and can be used by all new subscribers as well as those who have not been Prime members in the past 12 months. In addition, if you are a student, you can enjoy it for up to six months.
How to Cancel Amazon Prime Free Trial?
After the free 30 days expire, Amazon will automatically upgrade your account to a Prime membership and charge you for the subscription. The only way to avoid this is to cancel the free trial period before it ends. However, some people find this difficult, which is why today we will show you step-by-step how to do it.
- Go to the Amazon website and log into your account.
- Go to “Accounts & Lists“, located at the top right of the page.
- Open the menu and click on “Prime Membership“.
- Once the account details are displayed, go to “Update, cancel, and more” located in the upper right corner, right under Manage Membership.
- Another menu will unfold, where you will see the option “End membership“.
- Amazon is going to try to convince you twice to remain a member, you will have to click “Cancel My Benefits” and then “Continue to Cancel“.
- On the last page, just click “Cancel Membership“, which will prevent Amazon from charging any fees after the free trial period ends.
And that would be it.
Despite Amazon’s efforts to cling to its members, you can actually opt out of the free trial period. It is also worth noting that the same procedure applies if you are a Prime subscriber. In this case, you will lose access to all benefits from the beginning of the next billing period after canceling the service.
Although it may seem complicated at first, eventually canceling your Amazon Prime subscription is not that difficult. If you don’t want Jeff Bezos to take money from your account after the free trial period ends, read this article and then quickly log into your Amazon account. Also, remember that with CashYea, you can get access to all the Prime benefits without paying a penny. All you have to do is perform a few simple tasks.